Support for 16 and 17 year olds
The minimum age you can study at Activate Learning is 16 years old. Students who are 16 and 17 years old are children according to UK law. It is important that you understand what support we offer to students under the age of 18. This includes students who are under 18 who are studying on ESOL programmes.
- Students under 18 are encouraged to book Homestay accommodation. We recommend Host Link who also offer a ‘Guardianship’ service. We work in partnership with Host Link to ensure you are well supported during your stay. There is a curfew and other rules in place that students are expected to follow.
- If an under 18 student does not book host family accommodation we will need a letter from the parent/guardian explaining what arrangements have been made.
- When you arrive, the International team will help you register with the police, the local doctor, and help you get settled into life in the UK.
- All of our staff are trained in child protection and safeguarding. All staff have also had a criminal record check (DBS).
- If you have any problems during your course, you can ask for help from your tutor, the college Student Support team and the International team. They are all happy to help.
- The college will not supervise students 24 hours a day, but there is a 24 hour emergency phone for all international students. You can call the number if you have any serious problems outside of the college. The number is: +44 (0)7827323945
- If you need to see a doctor or a dentist during your stay, the international team will help you book an appointment and if requested we can accompany you.
We look forward to welcoming you to Activate Learning. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the international team: email@example.com