Applying for a full-time HE programme
For full-time Higher Education programmes, you need to apply through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).
To apply through UCAS, you will need a code, both for the educational institution that awards your qualification and for your programme of study.
These codes are listed in the programme information.
UCAS application fees
To apply for a higher education programme, you must pay an application fee. This is currently £12 for one programme or £23 for 2–5 programmes.
How to apply
You need to apply through UCAS for all full-time degree and HND programmes.
Let’s say you want to apply for the Foundation Degree in Business and Enterprise delivered in Oxford. This is what you do:
- Go to the UCAS homepage
- Select ‘search for courses’ on the UCAS homepage
- Enter the title of the course under ‘subject’
- Select ‘I normally live in’
- Select your year of entry, then ‘search’
- Select ‘Oxford Brookes University’ (they are the awarding body)
- You will see that there are ‘2 relevant courses’ listed – click to view
- Select the one you want – for example, City of Oxford College
- Select ‘How to apply’
- Select ‘UCAS ‘
- Complete the application form
For part-time Higher Education programmes, including the HNC (Higher National Certificate), you need to apply directly to college, not UCAS. Simply search for your course and complete the online college application form.
For further information about applying to any of our higher education programmes, please contact the HE Admissions Coordinator on 01865 550 550 or email us.