The current Church Road campus was opened in 2009 by HRH The Earl of Wessex and has state-of-the-art facilities for students. The new Lexicon shopping centre is a two minute walk and the train and bus station are ten minutes away.
The campus boasts hair and beauty salons, motor vehicle workshops, electrical installation and construction workshops, science labs, a hospitality and catering kitchen, photography and art studios, IT suites including CAD workstations and a Sport England grade sports facility. The excellent facilities are matched by our professional, dedicated and industry-experienced teaching and learning staff.
Our Learning Resources Centre is a fantastic space for quiet study, as is the onsite Star Café which provides food and drinks. There are also quiet meeting places and communal areas to meet with friends or study.
The state-of-the-art building was purpose built and features many exciting professional environments to learn in, including:
- Creative Arts – Open, light and airy art studios, which will inspire you to create your best work; Media studios equipped with professional equipment, including a green screen; Photography studio, a dark room and editing suites, so you'll get to know Photoshop inside out.
- Construction and Electrical Installation – Dedicated workshops to help you put into practice all the skills you have learnt, in a safe, well equipped space
- Hair and Beauty – You will learn the skills needed for industry success in our purpose-built salons, styling paying customers, fully supervised by our industry experienced lecturers.
- Hospitality and Catering – Learn catering and front of house skills in our purpose-built kitchen.
- Motor Vehicle – Our two dedicated motor vehicle workshops are fitted out with all the equipment you’ll find in garages, service and repair centres. We have many cars available to work on, including some donated by Honda, who are based in Bracknell.
- Science Labs – If you’re interested in taking Science at A-level, our dedicated labs provide everything you’d expect.
- Sports – Our Sport England grade sports hall has basketball and badminton courts, five-a-side football facilities and trampoline with harness.
In addition to the above, the Woodley Hill site boasts facilities including: teaching rooms, a pottery and a photographic studio.
The Waingels Adult Centre has two multi-purpose classrooms and access to additional teaching space in the main Waingels College site.
In and around Bracknell and Wokingham
Bracknell is at the heart of the Thames Valley and is home to many large companies including: HP, Fujitsu, Honda, Waitrose, Panasonic, Avis, Daler-Rowney, Racal and Cable & Wireless.
The new Lexicon Shopping Centre has seen massive investment in the area, helping draw visitors from Berkshire and further.
Wokingham has been voted as one of the best places to live in the UK a number of times.